Friday, June 27

coming back

The road is life. - Jack Kerouac On The Road

I've picked this book up once again. As life roared on, I put it down and forgot about it until the other day. In a fit of frustrated tidying, I uncovered it and picked up where I'd left off.

I have been really awful to myself lately. I won't go into details here, but when life starts kicking your ass in tiny ways, you know it is time to take stock and sort out some flaws.

To that end, I have admitted to myself that I have made mistakes, have begun to accept those mistakes and do some learning. I'll keep trying - eventually, I imagine, the process will become more intuitive, but I am also starting to understand that life is unpredictable. Billions of possible outcomes, any of them as likely or unlikely, difficult or easy, as any other. The more completely I begin to understand that and accept that, the more completely I can enjoy life for what it is. A journey into the great unknown.

No comments: